Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Marvel Rocks it Again!
Iron Man 2 starring Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark and directed by John Favreau was an on-the-edge-of-your-seat blow em up, fuck 'em, and save the world fantastic event. Mickey Rourke was surprisingly impressive as the L'Enfant terrible Vanko and brought a roughness to the character that I wasn't expecting from such an eccentric actor. Robert Downey Jr. played the famous playa charmingly, to a point where I fell in love with a fictional character. Scarlett Johansen was hot, but as usual, her acting was lacking and corny to say the least. Don Cheadle portrayed the character of Rhodes way better than that of his predecessor, Terrence Howard. He brought more authority and a seriousness and discipline to the character that i believe the last movie was seriously in need of. I was disappointed by the ending relationship between Tony Stark and Pepper Potts in that Tony Stark does NOT settle down. He is the ultimate party playboy and to fiddle with that fiddles with the comic book makeup that is his character. Not only that, but a relationship with a superhero always puts that person in unnecessary danger... and we wouldn't want to see anything happen to little miss Paltrow. The last tidbit we are left with is a giant crater obviously made by Thor's hammer as a preview to whats to come. I cannot be more excited to see what Thor, Captain America and the rest of The Avengers have to offer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment