Monday, May 3, 2010
The Hurts Too Much Locker
While everyone is fawning over the profoundness of The Hurt Locker I'd just like to point out that there was not one moment of happiness in the entire movie. Even the scene where the main character, Will James (and we wont even go into the absurdity of the double first name) plays with his infant son is reminiscent of flushing down your first goldfish, Goldie. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for trying to sympathize with our troops and what they are doing over there is hard and trying, but do we really need to be bombarded with the hellishness? I mean these are enlisted men, they understand what they're getting themselves into. All in all, The Hurt Locker was a good profound movie with lots of wisdom and blah blah blah, but i would've liked to have a little pick-up in between the moments of extreme sadness. I wanted a little ray of fucking sunshine in the storm of war.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment