Monday, May 3, 2010

Aah Push It

For a plotline that aches to be unpredictable, the movie Push is totally seen coming. Dakota Fanning is charming, yet there was nothing unusual about her, same old typecast Dakota Fanning. Chris Evans as always plays the cute dumb one. And Camilla Belle falls flat. As a comicon/G4 geek, I did appreciate the comic book-esque sci-fi look and feel of the movie. The different abilities are fun to analyze and pretend to do but we aren't ten years old anymore. Oh how i wish i could "push" my bank teller into giving me a couple thou every week, but then again thats not all that realistic, is it? Well, neither is Push. Someone explain to me why someone who can't even telekenetically roll dice, is suddenly capable and shattering a fifty foot bamboo scaffolding and why do the "screamers" have to take off their sunglasses to use their powers? Details details. I digress...if this were a star type scale I'd give it a three.

No comments:

Post a Comment