Monday, May 3, 2010

The Goods does not have The Goods

Someone I went to school with recommended I watch the movie, The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard. Now I know better than to listen to a hardcore stoner when making my movie choices. The only way to stomach the barrage of absurd jokes is to smoke a bowl, therefore diverting your full concentration. In this movie there are large array of ridiculous characters who are constantly spewing random inappropriate and overtly immature phrases. Such as, "They made me breast feed an old man." I'm all for masturbation jokes, but usually in the movies i watch, i prefer to have a storyline as well. Maybe its the woman in me, maybe its the intellectual. The entire movie was one punchline after other in an endless parade of over the top characters. In this situation, less is more. Nice try Will Ferrell, but i suggest dialing it down a bit. This movie does however give me hope: If a piece of shit like this was made, maybe someone out there will make my script into cinema magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment